I finished my first session with Ahu and it was really great. I look forward to seeing what comes of our coaching relationship. Impressions from the call:
-- She and I are an amazingly solid fit off the bat. She's coming from a very positive psychology/ strengths-based mindset and background.
-- I shared a lot with her about my creative history - everything from experiences with music and art and drama as far back as high school through my myriad University studio art studies- pottery, figure drawing, painting, illustration, sculpture, etc. - through my transfer to the more commercial program at the Art Institute. My freelance experience which grew into a business... My large scale abstract paintings... my figurative fine art photography growing into the commercial wedding photography business and now, perhaps, morphing into a portrait business.
-- Emphasis on space and environment - creating messier workspace in the garage for painting and mixed media work and dedicating the current studio exclusively to fiber and sewing.
-- I shared pictured of the plush dolls with her and she asked to see pics of Caden. Haven't sent those yet, but will. She friended me online, so I'm sure she'll see some of my pics there.
-- Emphasis on exercise and self care, running, meditation...
I'm posting an inquiry she left me with at the end of the call here so I don't forget. She asked me to reflect on what meditation does for me. How does the practice of it contribute to me and my family and my goals? There's something juicy and resonant to chew on for the next week! I'll be back with thoughts on that concept at some point this week.
I look forward to next week's call. Just going through the initial intake materials and first session process was enough to really stir some things up for me; I'm already feeling clearer. It's a very exciting process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- |c|
- I'm an artist working in paint and photography and collage and sometimes the written word or construction paper with markers. (Depends on the day.) I share a fish-out-of-water experience in the Deep South with my creative, progressive little family just outside of Atlanta, Georgia.
No comments:
Post a Comment