Lots of hard-wearing, well-used materials. I've always liked to have the tools - raw materials of all stripes - ready to go so that when I have an idea, I am not stumped by the nonexistence of materials. I'm kind of lazy that way, I guess. I like to start right away when inspiration strikes, and if the materials are right there at my finger tips, I'm much more likely to just do it. Creating a supportive environment has always been a key to productivity and happiness for me.
I've never taken pictures of my life this way before. It's kind of exciting to see it all in this detached way. I'm loving photographing the materials and then looking the images. It's very motivating - makes me want to get to work right away!
Can't wait to break out the power tools for the next phase of work. Sander, jigsaw? Ooooh, baby. Here I come! Chris wants me to come up with a header for his blog based on some cover art for Kate Rusby's album Awkward Annie. He loves that image and I'm going to adapt that style to the mixed media wood reliefs that I'm planning. Gotta get that garage cleared!
Also, Caia is begging me to sew her a new bag for school since spending time in the studio the other day, so we came up with a new design. It'll be made of materials I already have here. I think it's going to be darling! I'll post a picture of the sketch as soon as I get it together.








No comments:
Post a Comment