Monday, March 8, 2010

Space. Time. Space.

I'm painfully aware of the things in my living space that shouldn't be here and I'm trying to get rid of them. Had a guy come by to take a look at the chair I bought a year ago to nurse and rock Caden in, but it ended up not being what he needed. So I have several things sitting in the house taking up space that just need to leave - the chair, a drum table, Caia's bunk bed, another club chair. The things feel like an energy drain at the moment, but if they don't draw any takers I'll just drop them at the thrift, I suppose. I hate to do that, though, as a little extra cash could really be nice for the backyard project.

I'm also painfully aware of the concepts for new work that are coming to me but that I can't do anything with as of yet since I don't have the new studio space ready. I'll leave any doubts about whether I'll have time for another day. I'll just have to see how things unfold; I'm just hoping I'll have what I need in terms of time to get some of these ideas out of my head and into the world when the time does come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm an artist working in paint and photography and collage and sometimes the written word or construction paper with markers. (Depends on the day.) I share a fish-out-of-water experience in the Deep South with my creative, progressive little family just outside of Atlanta, Georgia.